August 22, 2010

Family Dearest,
 
Bienvenidos! Actually, I don't know if that's a proper salutation or not. Clearly I'm still learning lol. So how is everyone? I hope fantastic, because the gospel is true and life is good! I was so happy to finally hear from Sister Marchant through the email chain. I love hearing about the work moving forward in Korea. I wish I could read all of my missionary friends emails..but alas no time. Amanda Bailey also sent me an email - thank you so much! So good to hear from you! You are going to change kids lives in NC and I'm so excited for you! Keep me updated!. Bonnie - thanks for your email as well! So glad to hear the fam is doing well. Give the kids and Mas a hug for me, and tell Becca good luck! As for news from my Jeru friends...I'm a little in the dark. For all I know they have all been translated since my departure, which wouldn't really surprise me. But if you are a Jeru person...or one who considers me a friend, I would sincerely like to know what you are up to. Write me on dearelder...it takes five seconds...ok ok, maybe like 10 minutes. But seriously, I'm in a dry spell for lettters and it's killing me. Maybe the postal service down here just hates me, but I haven't gotten a thing for 2 weeks. I know, wah wah. I'll stop whining now.
 
Anywho, things here in the DR MTC are about the same as they were last week. Haha, really things are great though. Today for service we got to weed the gardens around the temple. Call me crazy, but I think I actually enjoyed it. Just getting out and DOING somethings feels good, even if its humid and I sweat like crazy. Yesterday was another trip to the university where Hermana Peterson and I were able to talk to Francisca, Horace, and Juana. The campus is pretty dead right now because most people are on vacation, but next week it starts up again so that will be nice. My Spanish has progressed enough now that I can usually express myself so people understand me, but my comprehension of natives when they speak is still a struggle. Poco a poco right? Right. Francisca was especially open with us and we were able to share a Book of Mormon. It made me anxious to get out in the field. The MTC is great and all, but I'm getting impatient. yet again I find the Lord teaching me patience. Obviously I don't come by it easily lol. This week I started having parts of my dreams in Spanish...I was pretty excited lol. If only I could sleep more....I've been struggling a little with sleep here. But I think once I get out into the field I will sleep better. I've also been playing lots of ping pong this week. I was excited to finally find an elder that can beat me...gives me something to work towards lol.
 
I continue to count my blessings every day and I am especially grateful for this amazing opportunity to serve the Lord and share His gospel with His children. I am starting to udnerstand what it's like to have that constant companionship of the Spirit...such an amazing gift. The Lord's hand is in each and every one of our lives, every moment of every day, and all we need to do is open our eyes to see it. Bless you all!
 
Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment