October 3, 2011

COME LISTEN TO A PROPHET


¿Que Tal Familia?

Ok first of all, let me just say that conference was the HIGHLIGHT of my week and I wanted to cry when President Eyring started to say ¨And to conclude this conference...¨ But I consoled myself with the thought that I will be home with all you lovely people to see it next year, so it´s ok. I was also absolutely beside myself with glee when President Monson announced the new Provo temple. I can´t wait! And when he said ¨We´re all in this together¨ in his final talk I had to seriously restrain myself from breaking into High School Musical singing. Haha. He was so funny this session and it just made me love him even more. We are so blessed to be a part of this wonderful gospel and have an inspired man leading us! I especially loved President Uchtdorf´s talk on how the Lord loves us as individuals and Elder Carl Cook´s talk on ´looking up'. I´m now just trying to put all of their amazing counsel into practice.

We were also blessed to have 5 different investigators attend the various sessions, which was a tender mercy and a great blessing. Basically, I have nothing I can complain about this week...except for maybe the heat, which has been especially fuerte lately, but that´s nothing new. For the moment we still have running water so I just count my blessings. Haha. We also had a really spiritual lesson with Richard these week, a 14 yr old young man whose family we´re teaching. We got to meet with him one on one though and he shared with us that he prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true and felt his heart skip! He wasn´t sure what that meant, so we´ve encouraged him to keep praying, but he´s really motivated to read the Book of Mormon and pray, so we´re really excited for him.

This week we got to go out with a bunch of members we´ve never gone out with before as well which was amazing. Emmanuel is an RM who served in Florida and shared a powerful testimony with one of our new investigators, Raquel, who´s husband is less active and who has been investigating the church for years but has yet to be baptized. The Spirit was so strong and it was incredible! Then we have continued to find new families and new people to teach, so much to the point that I feel out of breathe all the time! But work is good.

Hna McEntire continues to make me laugh as well...the other day as we were door contacting a woman said ¨Encantada¨ after Hna McEntire introduced herself and poor Hna McEntire thought that was her name and said, ¨Oh nice to meet you Encantada¨. Haha. Oh the mission.

Anywho, today we got to visit the Parque del Este and see all the missionaries in the capital and everyone is now coming up to me and saying ¨Hermana Bradley, you´re STILL here?!?¨ Sheesh...you´d think I was an elder or something. And it doesn´t make things better that another Elder felt the need to yell out today that I´m turning 25. When did I get so old? All of this elders are like 5 years younger than me!!! Oh well, I guess I´ll just be the grandma of the mission for the next 12 weeks. Anywho, love and miss you all, hope you have a nice breezy week!

Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment