March 7, 2011

Who Needs Personal Hygiene?

Hello Family and Friends!
Ok first of all, I just have to let Jecia and Aleni know, if they read this, that your letters are coming! Mail has been AWFUL and I just finally got those letters out, so watch for them. Secondly, to explain my subject, yes I am going on week 4 now without running water in my apartment. Feel free to send angry letters on my behalf to the mission office if you like. Haha. Really though, my patience over this whole mess is wearing thin, so hopefully we´ll get it figured out pronto. I can´t live without showering like a normal human being. Nobody wants to listen to the gospel from a stinky Hermana Bradley.
Anyways, things this week have been hard and good here in Los Frailes. Hermana Reay arrived on Tuesday and we got right to work visiting all our progressing investigators. Unfortunately, there´s a rampant chest cold going around and Hna Reay caught it fast. We lost almost two days of proselyting visiting clinics and resting in the apartment. The good news is that she is on the mend and we are back to work. It´s been so wonderful to speak English, I´m not going to lie. But I also realize that we are going to have to discipline ourselves if we want to keep progressing in the language. We are planning on putting fechas down this week with 3 of our investigators, and we are still working with Mayra to quit the coffee. Sunday was a wonderful blessing as I got to see two of my baptisms, Kelvin and Englibert, get up and bear solid testimonies. I am so excited for both of them to help build up this ward as worthy priesthood holders. It has been amazing to see the growth of this ward in just my short time here and I´m really looking forward to seeing more with Hna Reay.
Another blessing this week was that I got to finish Our Search for Happiness by Elder Ballard for the second time. I can´t believe how much amazing gospel books I´ve missed out on my whole life! We have such inspired leaders of this church! I love reading their words of counsel and testimonies. They may not be perfect men, but they are sure close! I just hope I can continue to focus on the work out here and magnify my calling as a missionary. I feel as though I´ve fallen into a little bit of a slump this last week in thinking about home. Those trunky thoughts are a missionary´s worst enemy. But I just keep reminding myself that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity I have, so I have to do all I can to help my Heavenly Father while I´m here. As members of this church, we aren´t perfect, but we truly can become instruments in the Lord´s hands as long as we turn to Him and allow Him to help mold us. Hma Reay shared the thought with me this week that many times as missionaries we go out preaching the gospel as hunters...chasing down people to share the gospel, but really, we need to be like fishermen. Christ didn´t tell us he would make us hunters of men, but rather fishers of men. To be a fisherman requires lots of patience, and I am still learning that. However, I have faith in my Heavenly Father and His plan for each of us. I know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ, and I will continue to do my best to follow my Savior´s footsteps and search out those lost sheep.
Love,

Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment