October 11, 2010

What's my name?

Saludo Familia y Amigos!

So yet another week has passed me by here in the lovely tropics of the D.R....and indeed they are tropics as I still have a dozen bug bites on my legs to prove it. Ugly. I hope you all still love me even if I come home with hideously scarred legs haha. One elder today told me that every time he gets into a new area he is bitten for the first 3 weeks, then they stop. But if you get transferred every 6 weeks... Anyways, I'll just hope I don't get dengue.

Anywho, this week. This week was really neat. Yesterday we finally got Grace to church and she is now set firmly for baptism this coming Saturday. So excited. I cannot even tell you how amazing it has been to watch the change come over her life through the gospel. Before, she had problems with so many things, but now you can just see the peace and light of Christ in her face. I love it! Our other investigator Ronaldo that was set for baptism this past week has struggled to commit to it. He knows it's true and wants to be baptized, but thinks he needs to learn more still. But we're all still learning. He was very disconcerted though when we explained that we might be transferred in the next 2 weeks and unable to attend his baptism. So we will see.

Yesterday after church Hna Mejia and I went out tracting with Jose Alfonso, one of the young single adults in the ward. As we were walking to an appointment we passed by a woman sitting on her porch and waved, and in her infinite wisdom to follow the Spirit Hna Mejia stopped, walked back, and started talking with this woman. Soraya then invited us in and we were able to teach her about the Holy Ghost and a little of the gospel. I have never been in a lesson yet where someone was so loving and receptive. We're planning on another visit on thursday, so we're excited to see.

Now for the funny moment of the week. For some reason I have a problem with introducing myself. On occasion in the MTC I would almost introduce myself as my companion. I never actually did it because I always caught myself, but this week I finally succumbed. We were contacting on the street and I just said "Hola! Soy Hermana Mejia....oh....espera....ella es Hermana Mejia....Soy Hermana Bradley." Haha. What a struggler I am! We had a good laugh though.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes I've been getting! I feel so loved! And I feel old. Although apparently I look like I'm 12 because everyone here things I'm lying when I tell them I'm 23 (almost 24 now). Maybe it's because I speak Spanish like an infant lol. I hope you all have a wonderful week! By the way mom if you could forward my emails to these people each week I'd love it. :-) Also, I've attached my two Miami addresses, both are cheaper and fatster to send to, but one's for packages and one for letters.



Letters
Hermana Elyse Bradley
Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission
SDQ NW 114th Ave. Unit 1A
Miami, FL 33172

No comments:

Post a Comment