November 22, 2010

THE HAND OF THE LORD

Hola Familia,

So this week I was able to witness yet another wonderful blessing as the son of one of our converts, Matthew, was baptized yesterday. It was quite the miracle as there had been miscommunication with the ward over the week and alot of things had to fall into place to get it worked out, but just as the scriptures say, all things work together for those who love the Lord and this week I got to see it. I was also grateful that we are currently serving in our ward with the office elders, who helped us out big time by getting hoses and buckets to fill the font at the last minute. Mission adventures I tell you!

Another really neat experience happened earlier this week when we went to an appointment with Jaquelin. Everyone here lives in apartment buildings for the most part that are fenced in, so often times you have to buzz through an intercom to be let in. So when we went to visit Jaquelin and buzzed her apartment, we were disappointed to find no answer. Despite this, the Lord always provides a way. Within a few minutes two other women walked up to visit someone else in the complex and let us in through the gate. However, we had another problem when they headed for a different apartment building because the door to Jaquelin's building was also locked. We buzzed her house again but no answer. Then another tenant walked out and held the door open for us, so we decided to go and try knocking her door, but to no avail. So we knocked the rest of the doors in the building and in the process found another very sweet woman named Mari who is interested in visiting with us. After visiting Mari we again knocked Jaquelin's door and to our surprise she opened is as she had just gotten home. We taught a powerful lesson on the gospel and atonement, and left the appointment feeling profoundly blessed. How amazing the Lord's hand is in everything!!

This week I must admit I got hit with a wicked bout of homesickness and found myself lacking in motivation, but I find that those days that are the hardest I learn the most and often have the most spiritual experiences. Being a missionary is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and it doesn't get easier. It's just hard. But at the same time I get to be part of the Lord's work and see the gospel change people's lives, so it's a trade-off. One thing I'm always eternally grateful for however is the family, friends, and experiences I have been blessed with. I know everything in my life has helped prepare me to share the gospel with these people, and even though I am weak and flawed, the Lord still manages to make use of me. I'm so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Love and miss you guys lots!!!!

Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment