November 1, 2010

Hombre or Hambre

Saludos Familia y Amigos!

Como esta todo? Todo es bien aqui en la republica dominicana! Haha well mostly good, except for apparently a big storm is brewing and we´re going to get hit tonight or tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe I´ll get to swim in the streets in the mission after all! Really though, this week has been spectacular. Since Hermana Ward´s arrival on Tuesday we´ve been working hard and walking lots. I get to now speak both Spanish AND English as I help translate for Hna Ward. I feel like I´ve turned a corner in being able to understand the Dominican Spanish now and can get by mostly on my own. Although there still are moments of langauge struggles...like my subject line suggests haha. Hermana Ward made that mistake earlier this week and I was almost rolling on the floor with laughter. Big difference between ´¨I have man¨ and ¨I have hunger¨haha.

Anywho, we´ve had a good week as we had 5 new investigators come to church yesterday and are hoping to finally baptize Ronaldo in the coming weeks, who we´ve been teaching since I got here but wanted to wait til November to be baptized. We´re also now teaching more of Ronaldo and Baya´s cousins who seem really receptive and willing to make an effort, which is refreshing. We also are continuing teaching Juan and Rudy who have such a desire to overcome their trials and addictions, but at the same time it´s a long road to recovery. It´s inspiring though to see people with such desire. Grace also came to church yesterday and continues to amaze me with her willingness to stay on the strait and narrow despite negative influences. Nothing in this world is better than seeing someone change their life around and embrace the blessings that come from repentance and baptism.

Basically this week has been full of blessings and I am again reminded of how aware our Heavenly Father is of each and every one of us. Yo se que este evangelio es verdadero, sin duda. Mi testiminio crece mas fuerte y firme cada dia y cuando compartamos nuestros testiminios, recibimos gran bendiciones. Dios es nuestro amoroso padre celestial y el tiene un plan por cada uno de nosotros. Estoy agradecida por esta oportunidad para compartir esta mensaje de amor y esperanza con todos. Por favor, comparta su testimonio en cada momento con todos!

Con Amor,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment