February 1, 2011

I Am A Child of God

Hello Family & Friends!
This week was long and hard, but I am happy to report that Kelvin and Yaselis were baptized and confirmed this weekend. We prayed for an received a miracle after we arrived to the chapel early Saturday morning to find the building without power or water. The power and water arrived just 15 minutes before the service was supposed to start, but thanks to the Lord everything went smoothly. While baptisms are special, I´m pretty sure watching people get confirmed and receive the Holy Ghost is my favorite. There are few things that feel more wonderful than watching people you´ve grown to love receive such an incredible gift. Both Kelvin and Yaselis continue to thirst for knowledge and search the scriptures. I love visiting them!
This Sunday we also finally received a new ward mission leader that we´re very excited to work with. Hno Delgado joined the church about a year ago after he married Hna Delgado and gained a testimony for himself. He will be a great blessing to the ward and the mission work here in Los Frailes.
The rest of our investigators have run into some trials this week, but we´re going to keep working with them as we push forward in the Lord´s work. We had an interesting lesson this week with a new investigator who has lots of questions. Consequently his friend of another faith was there as well and decided to argue with us. We spent a good half hour bearing testimony of the fact that each of us is a child of God...not just a creature. We don´t do anything to EARN the title child of God, we ARE children of God. Whether or not we live up to our divine potential as herederos...I can´t think of the word in English haha...is up to us and the decisions we make. I know that we are Children of God and that each of us is incredibly precious to our Heavenly Father. We got to talk about this in our Sunday School class and it made me so happy to hear all of our investigators and new converts firmly testify of that fact. This gospel IS true.
Anyways, I´m short on time. But know I love and miss you all. Always in my thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment