February 28, 2011

Lucky Number 13

Family and Friends,
I feel like I just wrote ya´ll...oh wait, that´s because I did! This week, although short, has been rather long. But the good news is that transfer calls came and I not only get to stay in Los Frailes for another transfer, but Hermana Reay, and AMERICAN sister, is going to be my new companion! I am so excited to work with her and continue to see the progress of the work here in this area. This week we had lots of miracles occur, and I know more are bound to come as we continue to dedicate all of our efforts to the Lord. Many of our investigators are progressing rapidly and we had an incredible turnout of THIRTEEN investigators in sacrament meeting yesterday. I was blown away. We also put down a baptismal date with Mayra, who we´ve been teaching for over 2 months now. She still has to quit coffee, which will be a trial, but we know with the help of the Lord she can do it. Please keep her in your prayers. I also had the oportunity on Sunday to give my first talk in Spanish. I chose to speak on Elder Christofferson´s general conference address ¨Reflections on a Consecrated Life.¨ I don´t know how much sense I made, but I learned alot in preparing for the talk and have a renewed desire to consecrate everything I have to the Lord in this work. Today I was reading some scriptures on patience, as we all know I lack alot in that area lol, and I read in Mosiah 24 about the trials and afflictions the people went through during that period. I realized that in order to truly be free of our afflictions, we only need to exercise our faith and patience. Once we learn to do that, the Lord makes our burdens light and we can then be free of our trials. It´s not the deliverance that makes us free, it´s our attitude. Again, it reminded me that I have much yet to learn. Anyways, thank you all of you for your love, letters and emails in the past weeks, they´ve helped alot, and responses are forthcoming in the mail. Next week I´m going to try and send pictures. Love you!
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment