February 23, 2011

Week of Miracles and Blessings!

Dearest Family and Friends,
Wow I have been so blessed this past week I don´t even know where to begin...despite the fact that we still don´t have running water. I guess the Lord blesses us with other things when we´re deprived of the basics lol. First, last Wednesday the Lord worked a wonderful miracle for us. We were running really late with appointments and had to choose between two new contacts. So we chose Ludmilla because she was closer. When we arrived at her house for the lesson, we were delighted and surprised to find that our other contact, Junior, was in fact at her house. The two are friends and we were able to teach them together about the restoration of the gospel. Love little miracles like that! On Thursday I received a very large and heavy package from my favorite Sister Bradley of Washington. I was grinning like a little kid on Christmas for the rest of the day! Then Saturday I had the profound privelege of listening to an apostle of the Lord. Elder Nelson arrived to our mission and happily greeted each of the missionaries in attendance with a handshake. I loved watching the line of missionaries as they filed away with big smiles on their faces. Both Elder and Sister Nelson spoke to us about focusing on the work here at hand and keeping an eternal perspective. Elder Nelson also left us with a very special priesthood blessing and I will not soon forget the experience. Later that day we had the baptism of Englibert, which went wonderful. Although his member girlfriend was a little shocked since he kept it secret until a few minutes before the service. She almost missed the baptism! My favorite part however was watching the entire ward raise their hand in sacrament meeting to welcome the newest member. Before the counselor even finished saying the sentence the entire congregation had their hands up. Englibert is truly going to bless this ward and the Lord´s work. Sunday was another miracle as we went out tracting and found the Jiminez family, a wonderful new family that is very receptive and we hope to see again before this week is out. And now for today! Our zone FINALLY got to go to the temple (which is why I´m writing today)! I love visiting the temple! I think I could spend a whole day just sitting on temple grounds and feel completely content. Afterwards our zone went to the zoo where we saw lions and tigers and bears (oh my!). Pictures will be forthcoming! So all in all, it´s been a fantastic week. Although there are always still the hard moments, the Lord is blessing us richly in His work and I am learning to focus on what is good and move on with things that need improvement. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support, I have felt them alot this week. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment