February 7, 2011

nothing like a little influenza

Hello Family!
I am happy to report that this week I am feeling much better, even if my body has decided to tell me otherwise. Last Tuesday I woke up nauseated and by the evening I was throwing up hourly. We spent almost two entire days in the apartment and my poor companions had nothing to do but write letters. However, after lots of fluids, a trip to the witch doctor (I´m convinced they don´t have real doctors here), eating lots of bananas with toast, and plenty of sleep, I´ve mostly recovered. Unfortunately as a result, we didn´t get out to visit too many people. We have however begun AGAIN teaching Hermano Calderon, the eternal investigator of 16 years. We basically told him that we aren´t going to leave him alone until he is baptized, so will see how that goes lol.
I also have to apologize for the lack of letters recently. There hasn´t been any outgoing mail for 3 weeks now and I have a stack of letters just waiting to go out, so if you are waiting to hear from me, know it is coming! I finally got a stack of letters this week from lots of you and I am so grateful for all your love and support! Thank you so much!!! Also another side note with the mail, it has been rather unreliable. So if you have sent me a letter and I never wrote you back, it´s because I never got your letter. I ALWAYS write back, even if it takes me awhile. It´s one of my personal mission rules lol. Just so everyone is clear on that note. :-)
Anyways, this week, aside from sickness, I also got to teach our lovely Saturday English class. Every week the class grows and this week I was alone teaching about 18 adults and children. I know I am not the world´s best teacher, but I´m pretty sure they will all at least have the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" memorized by the end! And how to say "My name is ____. I am ___ years old". Baby steps right? We also had a bit of excitement in the ward this week as Elder Coleman of the Seventy showed up to Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. Sadly Kelvin and Yaselis, our new members, weren´t there and missed the visit! When we passed by later to tell them the bad news, they quickly began praying that they would have another opportunity soon to see a leader of the church visit. :-) I just love this family!
And for the comedic moment of the week...Today we went to the salon, like always, and as we were leaving I was looking at my pictures on my camera. Little did I know that there were 3 little steps in front of me descending into the parking lot. I very ungracefully tumbled to the ground with a clatter and just sat there stunned. And of course the salon is right beside a car wash so at least 5 men descended upon me all at once. Talk about embarrassing. I have never liked playing a damsel in distress, so I felt especially stupid as they all hoisted me up and fussed over my bleeding knee. But all is well and I will now have a lovely scar to remember the D.R.
All is well here and I hope you are all enjoying the chilly weather at home. I´ve been told it´s snowing more in the States than ever. Count the snowflakes like blessings! This gospel is true and we are so blessed to live in the dispensation of the fulness of times! Love you all!
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment