May 24, 2011

CHANGE IS IN THE AIR



Dear Family,
As most of you may know, these last few weeks have been very hard on me. However, I want to thank ever single one of you for your prayers and support, as I have felt them and seen the change come in just the past few days. I´m beginning to see a pattern emerge as I recognize Satan doubling his efforts on me right before wonderful miracles happen. Despite that, I am happy to tell you all that I have been feeling much better these last few days, and I am confident that the Lord will continue to help guide me through these dark storm clouds of doubt. Saturday was a very special day as Ines was finally baptized. We were all a little worried because she works outside the city during the week and no one had really been able to talk to her since Wednesday since her cell phone died. But when she showed up at the chapel a mere 15 minutes before the service was supposed to start, we were all grinning from ear to ear. Englibert baptized his mother and she was confirmed yesterday. It was the most spiritual and special baptism I have attended yet and I will be forever grateful that the Lord allowed me to be a small part of it.
In other news, transfer calls came last night and it turns out I´m going to be with my trainer Hna Mejia again, but in a new area called Los Trinitarios. I head out tomorrow morning and I´m excited to learn new things and meet new people. Although I will miss alot of people here in Los Frailes, I am looking forward to change and different challenges. I am quickly learning that I thrive best when I´m scrambling to catch up with things rather than plodding along comfortably. Also, had a funny story to share from a visit we made yesterday. Mercedes is an elderly woman we´ve been visiting with for a little over a month, but has yet to visit church. We had decided to drop her for a time to see if that would motivate her, but then we were close to her house yesterday and decided to pass by. She was thrilled we were there and began asking us questions immediately about the plan of salvation pamphlet we left here. After answering her questions and sharing our testimonies, we asked Mercedes to offer the closing prayer. She said the sweetest prayer and even asked the Lord to bless us with a car so that we wouldn´t have to walk so much in the heat and could visit her more often. Hermana Reay and I could hardly stop ourselves from laughing and left the appointment grinning. It´s pretty special when people offer sincere prayers in your behalf after knowing them for only a few short weeks. I hope she continues to progress after I leave. Yesteray Hermana Reay and I were also able to sing a special musical number in sacrament meeting. We chose to sing I Feel My Savior´s Love, and it was wonderful to bear our testimonies through song to the ward. I love the Spirit music can invite when we sing from our hearts...even if our voices are imperfect.
Overall, the work is...well, work. But I know that this gospel is true and that we never have to fear when we are constantly looking to our Savior and striving to do everything in our power to cumplir...(can´t remember the word in English haha) with His commandments. Thanks again to all of you for your support!
Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment