May 9, 2011

A Little quote Happy...


Querida Familia y Amigos,
Fue una gran bendicion a escucharles ayer en el telefono! Espero que paso una buena dia del madre mama y que sabe que te aprecio tanto. Ok, that´s enough spanish. Sometimes I find it hard to switch over from typing my letters to the president in spanish and then typing in english. I hope you all laugh at me good and long when I get home and can´t even speak my own langauge. Anyways, this week was both a blessing and a trial as we finally moved houses. Now that we have running water we´re much happier, but moving everything was pretty exhausting and I´m still battling a runny nose and cough so it´s been interesting. However, I am very much enjoying our new porch with the hammock my companion put up, so there are perks! This week we also fought alot with discouragement as it appears very few of our investigators want to progress. So we´re cleaning the pool again and starting from scratch. I know there are people out there that are prepared, we just have to find them. I´ve also been diving into old conference editions and finding so much direction from those talks. Here´s a few....

Hope and happiness and joy are not products of circumstance, but of faith in the Lord. Faith requires work and comes by righteousness and obedience, not by miracles or mere belief. -Elder Andersen

To express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven. -President Monsen

We might see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever...The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and women for the eternites. -Elder Wirthlin

We don´t acquire eternal life in a sprint, this is a race of endurance. Discipleship is a journey. We need the refining lessons of the journey to craft our character and purify our hearts. -Elder Uchtdorf

I´ve drawn alot of strength from those quotes over the past week and come to realize that through the trials I´m experiencing out here in the mission field, the Lord truly is helping to refine and mold me...but He´s got His work cut out for Him. :) I want you all to know though that I am so incredibly grateful for all your support, love, prayers, and letters. On the hardest of days I draw strength from all of those. I know that this gospel is true and that like Elder Wirthlin says, it is a gospel of transformation. We only have to open the door and let our Savior in to see what marvelous things He can do with our lives. I love my Savior and I know that this is His gospel. My testimony of Joseph Smith grows stronger each week as I bear testimony of him and his divine calling as the prophet of the restoration. I feel so blessed to live in the last days where we have a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monsen, and other apostles leading this church under the direction of Christ himself. I hope you all never hestitate to go out and share your testimony with others in whatever setting you may find yourself. Share the good news...there´s nothing better to do with our lives.
Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment