August 30, 2011

HELLO AGAIN




Buenas Tardes Familia!
Well, I don´t really know what to say because I feel like I just barely wrote ya´ll, but oh well. We had a good weekend and lots of lessons to finish out the week, so that´s great. Kenia and Elsa also were at church with us on Sunday and we´re really excited for their baptisms in the coming weeks. Today and yesterday our companionship has had some stellar study sessions and I am blown away by how amazing the new program is for new missionaries in the field. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to learn from it with Hna McEntire. This week we started to focus alot on finding new investigators and simply sharing short messages with contacts that were willing to give us a few minutes. What amazing results! One thing I love about the people here is that they are always willing to talk about God. But it can be a double edged sword because alot of times they just want to ¨listen to the word¨ without committing to do anything. Every mission has their trials. Speaking of trials...believe it or not we don´t have water in our apartment again. I won´t bore you with the details, but suffice it to say we could use some prayers! LoL. On the bright side, today we had a great pday together with our zone. We played volleyball again (btw I´ll probably be coming home browner than a brownie, hope you can all recognize me lol), ate some good food, and for the first time in my mission I succumbed to playing the official game of the DR...dominoes. Of course considering my partner was Elder Green from England, we didn´t do so well. Dominicans definitely have more skills in that game. Haha. But it was good to play for a day. Basically, I´m just trying to make every day count instead of counting the days. Each day is filled with new trials, but at the same time the Lord is constantly reminding me of all the wonderful blessings He has given and continues to give me. Some of the new missionaries were talking about the trials of adjustment today, and as I listened, I realized that really, none of the trials can even compare with all of the blessings. Watching people you grow to love embrace the gospel and change their lives is priceless. No matter how much sweat or tears come as a result, the gospel is still is true, and mission work is still the best kind of work any of us can do. Thank you so much to all of you for your love and support. Now go out and do a good missionary deed!
Love,
Hermana Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment